Clinical Nurse Leader Certificate
CNL Certificate Admission Requirements
Students applying to the CNL Certificate must meet the following requirements:
- Completion of the master’s degree in nursing with evidence of coursework in advanced pathophysiology, advanced pharmacology, and advanced health assessment.
- Graduate GPA of 3.0 higher.
- Current licensure as a registered nurse.
- Completed 3 credit statistics course either as entry requirement for MSN or as part of graduate study.
CNL Certificate Admission Process
Students applying to the CNL Certificate must complete/submit the following:
- Submit two reference letters from professional colleagues or supervisors via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submit copy of current RN license to the UW Oshkosh College of Nursing Graduate Program via email (email@example.com).
CNL Certificate Curriculum
Students begin coursework in the spring semester and take 4 semesters to complete the requirements.
Students must take the following courses:
Semester 1 (fall)
- 746 Quality Improvement & Safety (2 credits)
Semester 2 (spring)
- 761 CNL Practicum I (2 credits) (minimum 112 hours)
- 763 Quality in the Clinical Nurse Leader Role (3 credits)
Semester 3 (fall)
- 757 CNL Practicum II (2 credits) (minimum 112 hours)
- 762 Leadership in the CNL Role (2 credits)
Semester 4 (spring)
- 759 CNL Immersion Practicum (3 credits) (minimum 300 hours)