Nurse Educator Certificate
NE Certificate Admission Requirements
Students applying to the NE Certificate must meet the following requirements:
- Completion of the master’s degree in nursing from an accredited program.
- Graduate GPA of 3.0 higher.
- Current licensure as a registered nurse.
NE Certificate Admission Process
Students applying to the NE Certificate must complete/submit the following:
- Submit two reference letters from professional colleagues or supervisors via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit copy of current RN license to the UW Oshkosh College of Nursing Graduate Program via email (email@example.com).
NE Certificate Curriculum
Students begin coursework in the spring semester and take 3 semesters to complete the requirements.
Students must take the following courses:
Semester 1 (spring)
- 736 The Education Process in Nursing (3 credits)
Semester 2 (fall)
- 737 Nurse Educator Practice Advancement (1 credit) (minimum 56 hours)
- 748 Assessment and Evaluation Strategies in NE (3 credits)
Semester 3 (spring)
- 738 Advanced Educator Practicum (4 credits) (minimum 224 hours)