Accelerated Online Bachelor’s to BSN
This innovative option allows individuals who already have a bachelor’s degree, have met rigorous admission criteria and reside in an Approved State in an area we have existing contracts with health care systems, (see Approved State listing below), to earn a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) in 12 months.
- Theory courses are offered online
- Clinical rotations are completed in the student’s home community, mentored one-on-one by nurse preceptors and secured by clinical coordinators.
- Clinical rotations are supervised by College of Nursing clinical faculty
- The Accelerated Option currently has three cohorts: February to February, May to May and October to October.
- It is suggested that students forgo all employment while completing the Accelerated Option. Students are also advised to limit other non-student commitments during the year. Most importantly, work or other commitments cannot interfere with any clinical or theory course requirements.
There are three campus residencies:
- Orientation weekend in the month preceding the start date
- Two-week “Boot Camp” lab experience and first clinical rotation, approximately 3 1/2 months into the program.
- Capstone experience, during the final week of the cohort.
Please thoroughly review our very informative website! If you have questions after doing so, you may contact Accelerated Nursing Advising with questions regarding prerequisites or your eligibility to apply: firstname.lastname@example.org
For general questions, not pertaining to prerequisites: email@example.com
The Accelerated Option IS:
- Rigorous: Courses are completed at the rate of one credit per week with few days off throughout the year. Students must meet high academic standards.
- Successful: The attrition rate is less than 1%; the NCLEX first-attempt pass rate consistently exceeds the national average. The Accelerated Option graduates are well-prepared and are able to assume the role of a professional nurse.
- Accredited: The Undergraduate Program is fully accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
The Accelerated Option IS NOT:
- Self-paced: The entire cohort progresses through the curriculum together. Students must adhere to strict due dates.
- Self-directed: Although the coursework requires a significant amount of independent work, courses are closely guided by the course instructor in a highly structured online class.
- Easy: Coursework is rigorous to best prepare competent new nurses. Students typically spend 8-12 hours on coursework each day.
Applications for admission are considered on a rolling admission basis until the cohort fills. Applications will be considered active for one calendar year. Applicants who are not offered admission may be required to submit further documentation and/or reapply to a future cohort. Processing of applications does not begin until after all required materials are received.
Applications are processed on a first come, first served basis. Applications are not processed until we’ve received the applicants TEAS score. Also, the offer of admission to UW Oshkosh is a very important step in the application process; the College of Nursing cannot consider an applicant until fully admitted to UW Oshkosh.
All applicants are required to complete a course credit transfer evaluation by sending their unofficial transcripts to the Accelerated Pre-Nursing Advisor. Please send unofficial transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once a course credit evaluation is completed, applicants will be eligible to apply.
We are currently accepting applications for October 2017 and February 2018 cohorts.
Higher Education and State Board of Nursing approval is necessary for any program delivered in a state other than the state in which it originates. Click below for the states and cities in which the Accelerated Nursing Option can be completed.