How do I calculate my GPA?
- List the courses from your transcript on the GPA calculation form.
- If you have more than the four sciences complete, place a line through the course(s) you do not wish to use. You must still list grade and credits even though you will not be using the course for GPA configuration.
- If you have a waiver for a course, place the word “waiver” across the space where the grades are to be listed
- If you have a course in-progress (IP), place the letters IP in the grade/credit/grade points column. Applicants are allowed up to 2 of the 6 science courses, Comm 111, Nursing 105 and Nursing 215 can also be IP during the semester you are applying.
- If more than one course is listed for possible use, i.e. English 101, 110, 188 WBIS, 202, 300, or 312 circle the course which you are using to calculate your GPA. All courses to be used to calculate the GPA must be indicated by using UW Oshkosh course numbers.
- Even though there are three spaces for general education on the calculation form, only put in six credits. For example, if you have two 3 credit courses, leave the last space blank. Another example is: Comm 111 for 3 cr A = 12, PE 105 for a 2 cr A = 8, Soc 101 (3 cr AB) use 1 cr AB = 3.5. You can not use more than six credits. You can not use less than six credits. You can not use any of the other required courses listed on the calculation sheet other than Comm 111 or Nursing 215.
- Once the courses are listed, add the numbers from the credits column to be use in calculation and put the total at the bottom. Add the numbers from the grade points column to be used in calculation and put the total at the bottom.
- If you have any questions regarding calculating your GPA, please contact Undergraduate Academic Resource Center (UARC) at (920) 424-1268.
Will transfer courses count for the nursing GPA even though UW Oshkosh does not include them in calculating the University GPA?
What courses can be included in the University Studies or General Education and nursing elective portion of the nursing GPA?
- Six credits of general education courses is needed.
- Courses may include HU, ES, SS, NW, PE, MA, GE, NS, EN, XX, XK, XM, XC, XS, XL, or any Nursing elective course. The acronyms will be on your STAR report or UWO unofficial transcript.
- No course can be used twice for grade point calculation except Communications 111 or Nursing 215. Communications 111 and Nursing 215 may be used as a general education course.
- Any transfer courses must come in as fulfilling Communications 111 course requirement and the general education course to be used in both areas.
What is the Basic Grading Scale per credit?
A = 4 A- = 3.67 AB = 3.5 B+ = 3.33 B = 3 B- = 2.67 BC = 2.5 C+ = 2.33 C = 2 C- = 1.67 CD = 1.5 D+ = 1.33 D = 1 D- = .67
Numerical Scale & International Transcripts per credit:
1-1.25 = Excellent = A = 4.0 1.5-1.75 = Very Good = AB = 3.5 2.0-2.5 = Good = B = 3.0 2.75 = Fair = BC = 2.5 3.00 = Passed = C = 2.0 4.00 – Conditioned = D = 1.0 5.0 = Failed = F = 0
What is the formula to calculate my GPA?
- Grade Point total ÷ Credit Total = GPA Calculation
I transferred to UWO in fall 2010. On my transcript it lists all my courses as fall 2010, but I took them before that time. What do I do?
- Use the date on the UW Oshkosh transcript.