Clinical Nurse Leader Certificate
CNL Certificate Admission Requirements
Students applying to the CNL Certificate must meet the following requirements:
- Completion of the master’s degree in nursing with evidence of coursework in advanced pathophysiology, advanced pharmacology, and advanced health assessment.
- Graduate GPA of 3.0 higher.
- Current licensure as a registered nurse.
- An acceptable undergraduate statistics course completed within the past 5 years.
- The course must be at least 3 credits and include both descriptive and inferential statistics.
- The course does not need to be completed prior to application, however it does need to be completed before enrollment in any graduate nursing course. Applicants admitted with a statistics course in progress will be admitted conditional upon successful completion of the course.
- A grade of B or higher must be obtained in the statistics course.
- Please click here for a list of acceptable statistic courses. Further questions regarding acceptable statistic courses can be directed to email@example.com.
CNL Certificate Admission Process
Students applying to the CNL Certificate must complete/submit the following:
- Two reference forms from professional colleagues or supervisors. Reference forms are to be returned directly from the reference to the Graduate Program Office. This can be done either by email, fax or mailing to the address listed at the bottom of the form. The reference form may be found here: MSN Reference Letter Form
- Submit copy of current RN license to the UW Oshkosh College of Nursing Graduate Program via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
CNL Certificate Curriculum
Students begin coursework in the fall semester and take 4 semesters to complete the requirements.
Students must take the following courses:
Semester 1 (fall)
- 746 Quality Improvement & Safety (2 credits)
Semester 2 (spring)
- 761 CNL Practicum I (2 credits) (minimum 112 hours)
- 763 Quality in the Clinical Nurse Leader Role (3 credits)
Semester 3 (fall)
- 757 CNL Practicum II (2 credits) (minimum 112 hours)
- 762 Leadership in the CNL Role (2 credits)
Semester 4 (spring)
- 759 CNL Immersion Practicum (3 credits) (minimum 300 hours)