Traditional Undergraduate Application Process
The College of Nursing uses a holistic admission process that identifies students who are the best fit for this option. Please follow the directions carefully to complete all sections of the application process.
Apply to the University
- Current UWO students can skip to step 2
- A valid UWO ID and email address will be issued upon acceptance to the University when appropriate fees are paid
- A UWO ID and email are required to complete the nursing application
- Click here to apply to the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh
Prerequisites Coursework and Required Testing
- Please review the Traditional Admissions Requirements
- If you have any questions please contact the College of Nursing advisors
Apply to the Undergraduate Traditional Nursing Program
Part A: Electronic Data Information Form
- Check for accuracy before submitting
- Once submitted, the form cannot be retrieved
- All fields are to be completed or marked (N/A) if they do not apply
- Demographic Form
Part B: Written Application
- Application Form
- Please complete and print out all sections of the written application form for submission by the appropriate deadline date
- Supporting documentation should be attached to this application
- Your written application will be matched with the electronic data sheet you provided to complete your application process
- If you are having difficulties filling in any of the areas, just type in “See Attached” and insert a Word document behind that section
- Personal Statements are limited to one double-spaced page
- Deadlines (by noon): August 30 for spring semester; January 30 for fall semester
Submit the written portion either by U.S. Mail or personally deliver to:
Undergraduate Nursing Program
Admission Application/Traditional Option
College of Nursing, Clow Faculty 111
805 Algoma Blvd.
Oshkosh, WI 54901-8660
Background Information Disclosure Form
- UWO Student Authorization to Disclose Form (All applicants). Please print off and complete this form, and submit to the address stated above.
- This form is completed by all UWO students who have received credit for courses taken at UWO campus. All applicants accepted to UWO, regardless of credits taken here, should also have on file for acceptance into the program. The Nursing office will forward to the Dean of Students office for approval.
- Transfer Authorization to Disclose Form Student
- This form must be completed by transfer students who have transferred any credits to UWO. Form is filled out by student and corresponding transfer school and should be mailed directly from that school to the address on the form.
Complete GPA Calculation Form
Appeal Form (Not Required- unless an exception is needed for one or more of the admission requirements)
- Appeal Form – Click here for the Appeal Policy For Student Nurses (policy and form are also located in Undergraduate Student Handbook within the CON intranet- student Net Id and password required)
- Submit completed appeal form to firstname.lastname@example.org if an advanced decision is desired OR you may attach the appeal form to the front of the application to the clinical major.
- If you received approval for an appeal that pertains to your qualifications for admission, you must attach the appeal form you submitted with letter of approval to the front of your application for the clinical major.
Nurse Admission Test
- This test must be completed prior to the interview
- Study guides are available in Polk Library on reserve or for purchase through the company website or the University book store
- Applicants must have a minimum of the the following to be eligible to apply for admission: 65.6% on the Adjusted Individual Total Score
- Registration fee to be paid by applicant with credit card at the testing company website
- Multiple test dates are offered throughout the year at UW Oshkosh. There is no limit to the number of times an applicant may take this test. See the company website link below for specific dates and times.
- Register for standard test here
- Select “Register for TEAS”
- Select “Wisconsin”
- Select “Oshkosh” if Traditional, Sail Ahead, or Soar Ahead
- Select Date to Take Test
- If Oshkosh does not appear this means dates are not yet posted for that semesters application cycle
Criminal Background Check
- Following the application due date, applicants will receive an email from the College of Nursing with details about completing a criminal background check
- Associated fees will be the student’s responsibility
- Eligible students will receive an email to register for an interview